EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is offering a work experience placement in the area of environment. This area of works includes topics such as climate and energy, air quality, waste and circular economy, water. You will be working under the supervision of the policy advisor and project coordinator for a period of six months, starting on 5 September 2017.
- Monitoring environmental policy initiatives and developments on the EU level.
- Analysing environmental policy documents and preparing policy papers especially in the areas of energy and water.
- Drafting articles for the EUROCITIES newsletter, updating the EUROCITIES web pages on environmental issues and other communications-related tasks.
- Supporting environment-related projects (Covenant of Mayors, Urban Water Agenda 2030) in particular with event organisation, preparation of communication material, and possibly contribution to the development of project proposals.
- Contributing to daily press reviews
- Contributing to the organisation of the Environment forum meeting in Essen, Germany in October 2016, and of working group meetings
- Contribute to the representation of EUROCITIES at COP 23 in Bonn, Germany.
- General administrative tasks
- University degree
- Basic knowledge about environmental policies in the EU and the role of local authorities
- Good understanding of the EU institutions and policy process
- Excellent English
- Good command of MS Office
- Proactive, organised, team player
- Basic command of graphic design softwares is a plus
- Insights into the daily work of a policy and projects team
- A dynamic, international and pleasant working environment
- assistance with living expenses of up to €200 per month under Belgian legislation
- reimbursement of local public transport expenses
- assistance with lunch expenses
- a Belgian mobile phone number, with credit for calls and internet
- up to €300 reimbursement for one trip home during the contract
Please send your motivation letter and CV by 17:00, Friday 30 June 2017, to:
Patricia de Wouters
Email subject : WEP Environment
Interviews will be held during the week of 17 July 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.